Cum Laude Graduate Program
The Cum Laude Graduate program is designed to honor students who continually challenge themselves through academics, school participation, maintaining good character, and community volunteerism. Students who meet or exceed the cum laude criteria will be honored at their graduation with a special cord and notation on their diploma.
Cum Laude Program Criteria
Class of 2021
● Meets College Readiness Benchmarks on all sections of the SAT or ACT, or exhibits standardized test score to be determined at a later date as SAT is a new suite of tests.
● Exhibits involvement in school-sanctioned activities: 2 year-long (separate years) OR 3 seasonal.
● Demonstrates involvement in verified community service: minimum of 25 hours throughout high school career.
● Earns a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher at the end of 7 semesters.
● Follows athletic or activity code of conduct (no violations).
● Maintains good character/citizenship (no out-of-school suspensions).
● Demonstrates good school attendance. Minimum of 95% attendance rate during junior year and through spring break of senior year.
● Completes at least ONE Advanced Placement or Capstone course. (Refer to below list of qualifying courses.)
● Maintains the following graduation requirements on time:
Grade Level Academic Credits
9th Grade 5
10th Grade 10
11th Grade 15
12th Grade 20.25
Please note: This page contains links to documents that are in Adobe's PDF format. If you have accessibility needs that make it difficult for you to access and / or interpret information in PDF format, please call 815-455-8500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.