Social Emotional Support

Social Emotional Services Offered
​Student Services personnel promote healthy social emotional development.  They work in collaboration with students, parents and teachers to provide interventions directed at improving student performance.  Services provided include assessment, individual counseling, group counseling and behavioral interventions. Psychologists and social workers have strong community connections with mental health agencies and can play an integral part in connecting students and families with mental health professionals tailored to the individual need of the student.​​

School Social Workers
The Cary-Grove social workers are a key component of the Student Services Department Team and we have two full-time social work​​ers to help our students and their families.  Most social work referrals result in short-term counseling that addresses barriers that interfere with students accessing their education.  We see students up to five times/sessions and if long-term or more specialized treatment is needed, community resources are provided.  Referrals to see a school social worker come from numerous sources, including counselors, nurse, deans, teachers, parents and students.  

Our services include crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, special education IEP services, teaming and collaboration with teachers and administrators, assessments and teaching social/emotional lessons for all students at CGHS.  We also act as liaisons for families in need of community counseling and mental health services.  ​​

Contact Us

Mia Sanchez
Social Worker (A-K)
Phone: (847) 639-3825 ext. 4156​

Dr. Shelley M. Fisher  DSW, LCSW
Social Worker (L-Z)
Phone: (847) 639-3825 ext. 4183

Ellen Lada
School Psychologist
Phone: (847) 639-3825 ext. 4133​